We are dealers and agents specialising in Modern British and Post-War Painting and Sculpture; we also represent a group of contemporary painters and sculptors.
The gallery was established in Bath in 1989. During the last thirty years the gallery has had premises in Bath, Somerset and Kensington, London, W8 - until March 2016 in Bath's Margarets Buildings.
At present the gallery is ‘by appointment’ in Gloucestershire or London and exhibits Spring and Autumn at The Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair in Battersea, London.
- Anthony Hepworth is a specialist in the work of Modern British artist Keith Vaughan (1912 - 1977). He curated two major exhibitions for Victoria Art Gallery, Bath (Keith Vaughan, Figure and Landscape, 2007 and Porthmeor - A Peter Lanyon Mural Rediscovered, 2008)
- Keith Vaughan The Mature Oils 1946 - 1977, a commentary and catalogue raisonne, by Anthony Hepworth and Dr Ian Massey, was published by Sansom & Company in September 2012.
- In our annual 'An Eclectic Eye' November exhibitions we have shown African and Oceanic Tribal objects and sculpture, Meso-American pieces, ceramics, rugs, furniture and ephemera alongside paintings by Redpath, Bell, Vaughan, Fishwick, Milnes-Smith, Clough, Stockley and Hitchens, amongst many others.
- Acting as agents we sell art on a commission basis for Collectors, Institutions and Estates, offering an attractive and competitive alternative to auction houses.
- We can advise on buying at auction, framing and conservation, and on insurance matters.
- We offer knowledgeable and friendly advice to both new buyers and those individuals wanting to build collections.